EO Dallas member Drew Jones, Founder of D. Jones Clothiers featured in the Dallas Business Journal.
Fourteen North Texas companies are on this year's Aggie 100 list, a ranking of fastest-growing companies owned or managed by Texas A&M University graduates.
Texas A&M's Center for New Ventures and Entrepreneurship established the ranking in 2005 as a way to recognize business success by its graduates. The companies are ranked by compound annual revenue growth from 2011 to 2013.
To qualify, companies must be at least five years old, have revenue of $250,000 or more for 2011 and have operations consistent with the Aggie Code of Honor. They must be owned, founded or managed by A&M grads.
Here are North Texas companies on the list and the A&M alums associated with each business:
- Lyness Construction LP of Cleburne:Tim and Mike Lyness are owners of the construction company. Its growth rate was 117 percent.
- D. Jones Clothiers of Dallas: Drew Jones founded the company in 2008. The clothing company posted a growth rate of 105 percent.
- Lowery Property Advisors of Irving:Mark Lowery is the owner of the real estate company. Its growth rate was 52 percent.
- OTA Compression LLC of Irving: Grant Swartzwelder founded the oil and gas company in 2002. Its growth rate was 46 percent.
- Schwarz Hanson Architects of Fort Worth: Gerald H. Schwarz and Tod D. Hanson are the owners of the architecture firm. Its growth rate was 43 percent.
- RDRTec of Dallas: Sidney W. Theis is founder, president and CEO of the engineering firm. Its growth rate was 42 percent.
- Vivicare Health Partners of Arlington: Dave Reed, Lisa Nelson, Brett Brier and Cole Ballweg are the owners of the health company. Its growth rate was 42 percent.
- Spiars Engineering Inc. of Plano: John Spiars is the company founder, and Tim Spiars, Kevin Wier and Matt Dorsett are owners. Its growth rate was 41 percent.
- CNX Distribution of Hurst: Jay McHugh founded the logistics and transportation company in 2006. Its growth rate was 39 percent.
- Empowered Solutions of Plano: Richard Harbin founded the IT services firm in 2005. Its growth rate was 38 percent.
- Trinity Merchant Group of Arlington: Nathan Randel and Clay Farrell are founders and managing partners of the financial services firm. Its growth rate was 37 percent.
- Neal Richards Group LLC of Dallas: Derrick Evers is founder, CEO and managing partner; Nick Summerville is COO and a partner, and Brian Jarrett is a director of the real estate firm. Its growth rate was 37 percent.
- Service Nation Inc. of Flower Mound: Matt Michel is the chairman, president and CEO of the business products and services company. Its growth rate was 36 percent.
- Cross Resource Group of McKinney: Lana Hamilton is president and owner, and Jimmy Hamilton is CEP of the human resources firm.