SSB is a local, longstanding community bank that offers a wide variety of quality products and services to help businesses and individuals with their financial needs.
In 1922, Slovak Savings and Loan Association was formed by eight Slovak community members of the Northside. The first office was in the basement of the former St. Gabriel Archangel Church that used to be located on California Avenue. SSB Bank moved to its current Northside location at the corner of California and Superior Avenues in the late 1920’s. At that time, Slovak Savings and Loan Association changed the charter to the Mutual Savings Bank – "Slovak Savings Bank". In 2017, after our expansion to the North Hills, with the addition of a second location in McCandless, we continued our efforts in providing community-oriented services to a new part of the city. In September 2017 we changed our legal name to "SSB Bank." Although we have grown, we still remain committed to our roots, valuing the customers and relationships we continue to build through positive banking experiences.
SSB Bank has a rich history serving Pittsburgh’s Northside community and surrounding neighborhoods. For many years, we have helped our customers buy their first home, save for vacations, and provide many businesses with capital to remain competitive through tough economic times. Our guiding principles are Commitment, Community, and Culture.
What We Do
At SSB Bank, we offer a variety of lending and deposit products to meet our customers' needs. Our goal is to try and provide the most comprehensive solutions so that we can develop a quality banking relationship with our customers. When you contact us, our banking and lending experts are quick and responsive, providing you a variety of options that fit your individual needs. From lending and financing to checking and savings accounts, we offer a little bit of everything.
Why We're Different
As a longstanding, local business in the Pittsburgh area, we have continued to prove our dedication and investment to the city of Pittsburgh. Unlike some of the national competitors, like Bank of America and Chase Bank, that continue to pop up throughout the city, our local roots make us more knowledgeable about the true needs of our customers.
· You need someone (a person, not a robot) who will answer your banking questions quickly and efficiently.
· You need local establishments that provide a warm, welcoming feeling every time you walk through the door- its about quality not quantity.
· You need good listeners who have solutions to your problems, rather than unnecessary products and gimmicks.
· You need quality deposit and lending products that provide you a great return on your investment.
SSB Bank will do that for you and more!
Potential topics to be discussed in forum meetings (bullet points)
- Do’s And Don’ts of PPP loans
- PPP Forgiveness information
- Commercial Banking products
- Consumer Banking products
- Merchant Capture Products