For more than 27 years, EO has been supporting entrepreneurs in all corners of the world as they transform businesses, communities, industries and the lives of those they lead. EO is a non-for-profit professional association providing a variety of tailor-made benefits designed to help entrepreneurs grow their business, become better leaders, and contribute to a global community and network dedicated to entrepreneurship.
The Area Manager will provide guidance to the MEP based chapters and chapter leadership consistent with the mission and vision statements of the Global Organization. The Area Manager will advise chapter board officers on standard chapter operations and best practices. The primary goal of the Area Manager is to create healthy, growing chapters that consistently deliver the EO brand to their members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage a portfolio of up to 10 chapters, building relationships and helping to provide a valuable member experience
• Assist designated board members in their functional roles
• Identify strategies to promote membership growth and retention; proactively seeking solutions to boost member interest
• Act as the main point of contact for all chapter leaders, working with them to resolve all questions and concerns
• Provide clear and concise communication regarding the direction and requirements of the Global Organization to the chapters
• Advocate needs of the chapters to Global organization
• Promote EO Global initiatives
• Aid in chapter strategic planning and execution during annual summit meetings, monthly area calls, and other scheduled chapter events
• Ensure proper representation of the EO Brand by local chapters
• Attend at least three EO leadership and membership conferences per year
• Run membership reports as needed for board members, regional council members and EO colleagues
• Participate in and take notes for all area conference calls and circulate the minutes and action items after the calls
• Rock Star program support; ie. communication, tracking, reporting
• Provide logistical support to MEPA regional and area meetings
• Support designated chapters with renewal strategies, communication and reporting
• Drive, track and report GLC event activities
• Assist with other duties as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
• Fluent in English and Arabic is required.
• 5-7 years business experience
• Non-profit/ association experience is desirable, preferably in a membership or chapter relations function
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
• Account management skills
• Familiar with MS Office and Adobe
• Able to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and work well in a team environment
• Ability to travel approximately 30%
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
• Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
• Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
• Exercises confidentiality and discretion
• Ability to work and adapt to a fast-paced environment
Terms and Remuneration :
This position will be based in the Middle-East, in a country where there is an EO Chapter. In addition to this, the successful candidate will be contracted as an independent consultant in the employment of EO Headquarters.