The Vice President of Europe, Middle East, Pakistan and Africa will have experience with member-driven organizations and managing staff in remote locations to execute current programs, create new initiatives, stabilize operations, build internal communication channels and motivate the regional staff to perform to their best abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The VP will be guided by the bylaws and policies as established by EO’s Board of Directors. When we think of the responsibilities of one of EO’s most senior staff leaders, here’s what we envision this person to be:
- > Lead the current team of eight colleagues in Europe, Middle East, Pakistan and Africa who are responsible for managing the programs and services focused on EO’s vision, mission and values.
- > Evaluate and hire for future staffing needs in EMEA
- > Work within an internal communication structure for reporting and sharing content amongst a team where all members work out of home offices in different countries.
- > Coach and mentor staff; develop high-performance teams.
- > Set the tone for the staff to deliver a world-class member experience. Analyze how staff serve EO members and provide solutions in any areas where service is less than optimal.
- > Mentor talent, by inspiring your staff to want to develop themselves as a person both in their personal and professional goals.
- > Excel at building extraordinary relationships- we want mutually beneficial relationships with members, leaders, partners, staff and anyone else interested in the EO community.
- > Update and drive regional plans to attain short and long term regional, area and chapter goals.
- > Set and attain partner goals for the regions.
- > Advise the EO Executive Team on strategy and vision best for the regions; develop and fine-tune the strategy year after year.
- > Offer advice to staff that present strategic ideas to improve upon current practices.
- > Analyze membership data: recruitment, integration, retention, renewal and attrition. Collaborate with senior members of the Global Membership team to provide best strategy in all five functional areas.
- > Strategically engage with the regional member leadership and participate actively on other global committees. Work together with the members leaders to meet their yearly goals.
- > Engage with the volunteer member leaders.
- > Drive member participation to EO regional and global events.
- > Ensure the right staff are in place to facilitate committees, task forces and councils. > Set our staff and member volunteer leaders up for success.
- > Create with member leaders the budgets- review expenditures and suggest ways to utilize funds.
- > Understand the intricacies of Human Resources and have experience in dealing with matters related to staff’s compensation, training and development.
- > Review organizational contracts, agreements, and commitments with outside contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- > Lead the world class member experience- when members engage with staff, ensure requests and communications are handled appropriately and timely.
- > Be prepared for growth and the probable new responsibilities that come with growth that the EO Executive Team may delegate to you.
- > Encourage ideas to provide member value. Develop ideas into concrete plans, actions and measurable outcomes. Communicate ideas through various channels to develop into new approved member programs. You will have overall responsibility for the development and execution of programs in your regions. Monitor the staff’s involvement and member engagement in these programs so that they are effectively administrated and controlled.
- > Contribute to the growth and renewal rate in the regions by focusing on the recruitment, integration, retention and renewal processes. Analyze attrition data and provide solutions.
- > Support the global strategy plan for chapter launches and pursue success.
- > Widen the influence of recently created global programs. Some include a focus on student entrepreneurs, members’ spouses and entrepreneurs who have not qualified for membership yet.
- > Provide programming ideas to our learning department crafting educational sessions.
- > Create communication channels to share internal information not just with your teams but with other departments and ensure staff absorbs information.
- > Lead communication strategy and manage communication initiatives.
- > Have an interest to speak publicly and give presentations in regions. Possible external presentations could be at chapter strategy summits, local entrepreneur conferences and partner (strategic alliances) engagements.
- > Update the Executive Team on the conditions and operations of regions and all factors influencing the operations.
- > Engage as a member of the Management team (Executive team plus all Vice Presidents)
- > Share with staff the latest from the Board/Executive Team and how we’re doing achieving our global metrics.
- > Join the VP biweekly group conversations on best practices and leadership subjects.
- > Engage respectfully with all chapters in region and travel to interact with members.
- > Ensure alignment of regional action plans with global plans.
- > Advise on global thinking with local strategy in our key growth markets.
- > Inspire staff living all over the world in home-offices and in Virginia to reach their peak performances
- > Collaborate with headquarters and ensure the staff knows your role and how to work with you.
- > Balance the needs regional staff. You know where there are similarities, differences and concerns with differing points of view from employees based regionally and employees at HQ.
2017-2018 Suggested Annual Goals and Metrics
- > 15% annual net growth in Europe and MEPA regions
- > 89% renewal rates in Europe and MEPA regions
- > 90% of chapters are over minimum standards
- > Five total chapter launches in EMEA
- > Ensure the team holds at least 12 benefits presentations
- > Ensure team uses 100% of their personal development funds
- > Ensure regions spend at least 90% of their annual budgets
Education and/ Experience
- > Bachelor’s degree
- > 8+ years of experience at senior/executive level in association management or related business experience.
- > In-depth comprehensive understanding of association management- interworking, committees, councils and other volunteer groups.
- > 5+ years managing staff, especially remote staff and implementing personnel procedures
- > Track record in dealing with complex issues and guiding teams towards solutions
- > Strong written and verbal communications skills
- > Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- > Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
- > Ability to travel globally
- > Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- > Has lived and worked in multiple countries with varied cultures or has substantial experience working with regional teams
- > Bilingual or multilingual
- > Has experience in either marketing / sales / business development / external relations
- > Familiar and/or interested in technology and how next generational tools can be used to reach organization goals
- > Certified Association Executive credential (CAE)
- > Master’s Degree
- Thinks out of the box/ encourages new ideas
Work Environment: This position works from a home office. You will need to have an adequate home set-up including an office to take video calls uninterrupted. This position is expected to travel approximately 30% of the time to various conferences, meetings, workshops, etc. You must have the ability to work in a fast pace and high pressure environment and work with a multi-national, multi-cultural team.