Job Title: VP, Engagement & Insight
Date: 24 November 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Department: Strategic Communication
Reports to: SVP, Strategic Communication
Prepared By: Director of Human Resources and SVP, Strategic Communication
The VP, Engagement & Insight will manage the strategy and team that supports EO's external engagement activities under the direction of the External Engagement Committee (EEC) and provides ongoing analysis of EO activities and external trends in the entrepreneurial ecosystem for use in strategic and editorial decision-making. The purpose of the role and its team is two-fold: 1) to deliver value back to the organization and its members through external relationships including the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) program; 2) to ensure that both member and external perspectives contribute to and enhance organizational decision-making, strategy development and editorial content strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Insight and analysis
- > Implement and evolve EO's methodology for measuring member value and member engagement with input from all departments and member committees.
- > Implement and evolve EO's methodology for tracking emerging issues and global policy scanning that impact the entrepreneurial ecosystem through primary research, secondary information sources and stakeholder engagement.
- > Work with the CEO's office, SVP, Strategic Communications and VP, Communications & Content and to ensure insight activities contribute to both EO's organizational strategy and content strategy.
- > Oversee delivery of regular reports to the Global Board, member committees and executive team on engagement and insight activities.
- > Oversee staff responsible for implementation of the All Member Survey and other member surveys.
- > Oversee staff responsible for managing relationships with EO's network of member leaders responsible for communications and engagement.
- > Develop and leverage high-level relationships with external organizations that drive value for entrepreneurs and enhance EO's brand and reputation.
- > Develop process and practices to ensure that best practices in external relationship management are institutionalized.
- > Oversee management of partnership initiatives and relationships including the development of MOUs with partner organizations and upkeep of EO's external stakeholder management database.
- > Assure that assessments of the nature, extent, and quality of relationships are carried out across the organization, co-ordinating with other departments and teams as needed.
- > Oversee implementation and enhancement of the GSEA program.
- Ensure GSEA is utilized to advance EO strategic goals (chapter launches, external awareness, etc.), and that EO resources are leveraged to support GSEA.
- > Oversee EO's external conference presence, including outreach, proposals, execution and ROI evaluation of EO's on-site presence at high-level external conferences and events.
- > Serve as staff liaison for the External Engagement Committee.
- > Work closely with SVP Strategic Communications and VP, Communications & Content to ensure evaluation of all department activities is carried out and that the department is working efficiently and effectively.
- > Create and manage the fiscal year budget for engagement and insight functions.
- > Attend organizational planning meetings and other events as required.
- > Manage and supervise direct reports.
- > Provide guidance, positive encouragement and growth opportunities for team staff.
- > Perform annual performance evaluations of staff with regular check-ins throughout the year.
- > Hire, train, review and coach staff.
- > Other duties and assignments as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility (the "Essential Duties") satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree, preferably with a communications or business focus
7-10 years of professional experience in public affairs and/or corporate communications; experience with a membership association and/or nonprofit sector preferred
Global management experience with experience managing teams working remotely preferred
Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time
Experience/knowledge of, or contacts with, international organizations and/or organizations supporting entrepreneurs
Excellent analytical and numerate skills
Critical thinking skills and the ability to grasp complex matters quickly
Awareness of political, economic, social issues and trends
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Strong attention to detail
Strong personal drive, problem solver, and team player
Ability to drive processes forward when faced with ambiguity
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Other Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
Exercises confidentiality and discretion
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs' Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time.
Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization.
Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs' Organization is "at will," that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization.
Entrepreneurs' Organization is an equal opportunity employer.