The Entrepreneurs' Organization is looking for a business professional to join our team in Europe, Middle East, Africa Region and Pakistan, as Chapter Launches Director of EMEA reporting to the Vice President of EMEA and functionally to the Vice President of Global Development.
The Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) is a global community that enriches members' lives through direct peer-to-peer learning, connections to experts and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. EO is the catalyst that enables entrepreneurs to learn from each other, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life. For more information visit www.eonetwork.org.
We're looking for someone to grow EO's Europe, Middle East, Africa and Pakistan (EMEA) communities by helping establish a presence in new markets. Currently with 36 EMEA chapters serving over 2000 members, EO looks to more than double the number of members by 2020. The Chapter Launches Director will engage member champions, and together, help educate potential members about the EO community and its programs. We want the Chapter Launches Director to be comfortable entering new markets, building relationships, launching new chapters and contributing to the EMEA region's sustained growth. We're looking for someone who embodies EO's core principles of teamwork, creativity, service, professionalism, trust and respect and having fun!
At EO, the staff takes pride in our work, and it shows in everything we do. To reflect our unique culture, we embrace and embody five essential core principles:
· Teamwork: working together to achieve excellence
· Trust & respect: displaying and rewarding integrity
· Creativity: the possibilities are endless
· Professionalism: lead, learn and live by example
· Fun: lighten up, live it up, laugh it up!
· Service: Providing a world class experiences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The EMEA Chapter Launches Director will be guided by the bylaws and policies as established by EO's Board of Directors. Here are the expectations of this staff leader:
- - Research and analyze new regions for EO to tap into; advise where EO should be next
- - Engage with members and their personal contacts to generate interest in growth areas
- - Find and collaborate with members to champion the new chapter process
- - Devise strategies to create membership events to build interest
- - Be responsible for all communications and activities around launching new chapter in new area
- - Know EO's benefits and promote to potential members interested in launching a chapter
- - Manage application process for all prospects joining a new chapter
- - Oversee a chapter launch event and the festivities around the launch
- - Launch a minimum of four chapters per year
- - Ensure the success of a chapter's first year by supporting efforts to gain new members
- - Transition knowledge of new chapter and its founding members to an EMEA chapter manager
- - Establish processes and systems for the transition to EMEA chapter manager and best practice approaches to this transition smoothly.
Networking and outreach within the entrepreneurs community:
- - Work with external organizations to do your research, gain contacts, and build relations for the main goal of finding a group of entrepreneurs to launch a new chapter. External organizations could include local chambers of commerce, embassies, local publications, online entities, other entrepreneurs networks, business associations, etc.
- - Identify programs within government organizations that can support EO's efforts in growth and gain access for our participation
EMEA Team Player/Communicator
- - Engage with the EMEA staff team and Europe and MEPA Regional Councils responsible for managing the programs in both regions and services focused on EO's vision, mission and values
- - Communicate your strategies and execution plan and status reports with EMEA team and other EO staff where necessary
- - Participate in EMEA team's daily huddles on strategy, updates, EO knowledge and more
- - Excel at building extraordinary relationships. We need mutually beneficial relationships with members, leaders, partners, staff and anyone else interested in the EO community
- - Ensure new members know the benefits of both local programming and global programming
- - Seek marketing and communications activities in new regions that can support EO's global efforts in widening our external awareness.
- - Offer guidance on possible partnerships for EO to pursue
- - Participate on business development committees, both internal and external
- - Create and monitor EMEA launch budget, review expenditures and suggest ways to utilize funds
- - Draft and review organizational contracts, agreements, and commitments with outside contractors, vendors and suppliers for anything related to chapter launches
- - Support VP of EMEA as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- > Bachelor's degree
- > 3+ years of experience at senior/executive level in association management or related business experience.
- > Experience in launching chapters, programs, projects or services successfully
- > Excellent customer service skills
- > Strong written and verbal communications skills
- > Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- > Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
- > Ability to travel throughout EMEA and to EO's worldwide events
- > Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- > Bilingual or multilingual
- > Has experience in either marketing / sales / business development / external relations
- > Experience in community organizations to build relationships in new markets
- Thinks out of the box/ encourages new ideas
- Ability to work in a fast pace and high pressure environment
- Ability to travel 35-40%
Impress us with your abilities and share your passions. And know that the EMEA staff you may be working with soon is really one of the best teams assembled. Make your mark with EO and join this organization.
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs' Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs' Organization is "at will," that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization.
Entrepreneurs' Organization is an equal opportunity employer