President Barack Obama's
administration fielded 20 Tennessee business leaders in Washington
Tuesday in a talk about what efforts could help spur the economy.
The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
and individual business leaders from a range of
industries all met with various departments of the administration. Bill Nigh,
president and CEO of Bank of Nashville, said talks centered on two
things: services the feds say can help, and ways business hopes the
government will ease costly regulations.
"Regulations and their impact on business and the economy was
certainly a focal point," Nigh said of the issues local business leaders
took to Washington. "They appeared to listen, but as in all cases, the
proof is always in the pudding."
The trip was put on by Business Forward, which is supporting a series
of talks getting business leaders in front of policy makers.
- Tom Aaron, Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Mark Blaze, President, Dex Imaging of TN, Inc
- Stefanie Crowe, Director of Communications & Investor Relations, CapitalMark Bank & Trust
- David Davoudpour, Chairman & CEO, Shoney’s Corp.
- Darrell Freeman, Executive Chairman & Founder, Zycron, Inc.
- Terry (T. J.) Gentle, President & CEO, SmartFurniture.com
- Ben Hanback, President, The Hanback Group
- Cordia Harrington, CEO/Founder, Owner, Tennessee Bun Company
- Bob Higgins, President/CEO, Barge Waggoner Sumner and Cannon
- Wade Hinton, Corporate Counsel, Volkswagen Group of America Chattanooga Operations, LLC
- Christopher Holmes, Chief Banking Officer, FirstBank
- MaryAnne Howland, Owner, Ibis Communications
- Brad Lampley, Partner In Charge – Nashville, Adams and Reese
- Ronald Lustig, Principal Architect, Earl Swensson Associates, Inc
- Bert Mathews, President, The Mathews Company
- William Nigh, Regional CEO, The Bank of Nashville
- Wanda Rea, President, Advantage Manufacturing Corporation
- Regina Rose, Senior Vice President, Tax, Unum Group
- John Rowley, President, Fletcher Rowley, Inc.
- Ralph Schulz, President & CEO, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Tony Trigiani, President, Diversified Power International, LLC
- Robert Wood, Nashville Managing Partner, Bradley Arant Boult CummingsLLP