GOLD PARTNER: ScalingUp DFW
Scaling Up is a winning, time-tested methodology built on Four Decisions every company has to get right: People, Strategy, Execution, and Cash. With focused tools, aligned strategies, and the insight of a Scaling Up coach, over 40,000 firms around the world have grown their companies on these pillars.
The Scaling Up platform was developed by Verne Harnish, the Founder of the world-renowned Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO), with over 14,000 members worldwide. Verne chaired for fifteen years EO’s Premiere CEO program, the “Birthing of Giants” held at MIT, a program in which he still teaches today.
By helping CEOs get their leadership team inspired and aligned by a common vision, Mark is able to help his clients achieve extraordinary results.
For more than 30 years, Mark Fenner has been inspiring CEOs, owners and their leadership teams to think bigger, act bolder and make an even greater impact on their company, its employees and their communities.
Mark spent the first 25 years of his career building sales teams and since 2011 he has been a resource for leaders looking to rise up so their organizations can scale up.
Mark Fenner is the preeminent Scaling Up Growth Coach for North Texas. The Scaling Up Platform was created by Verne Harnish, EO Founder, Author of Scaling Up - Mastering the Rockefeller Habits 2.0 and inventor of the One Page Strategic Plan. Mark is driven to help 100 companies eclipse $100 million in revenues over the next 10 years by leveraging the Scaling Up Performance platform, his expertise in developing leaders and his high-energy and motivating approach to speaking, coaching and facilitating.
Scaling Up – Mastering the Rockefeller Habits 2.0 is centered around four key decisions the leadership team must get right.
- People Decisions - Scaling a business requires the ability to attract, engage, and retain the right people while ensuring everyone is clear on their respective roles and responsibilities. Mark helps the leadership team get the right people, doing the right things right, with clear accountability and metrics.
- Strategy Decisions - To attract new clients while maximizing margins, leadership should strive for a strategy that is unique, valuable to your target market, and simple for the team to execute. Mark will help you refine your strategy with the goal of leading the industry in revenue growth and profit margins while keeping it simple.
- Execution Decisions - Execution challenges surface when increasing revenues are not generating increasing profits. Mark will help you implement the Rockefeller Habits and strengthen the three disciplines of execution, 1) prioritization, 2) measurement and 3) planning and meeting rhythms.
- Cash Decisions - Cash is the oxygen of any growing business. It provides flexibility, launches new initiatives, and acquires new businesses. Mark will work to establish a valuation goal for your business and then make that goal a reality through the simplification of accounting principles, alignment of the executive team and actionable financial KPIs.
Why Mark Fenner and Scaling Up DFW
- Proven performance in helping companies surpass $100 million in revenues
- High-energy, fun and engaging speaker, meeting facilitator and coach
- Deep expertise in the disciplines, skills and mindset necessary to scale up
I was born in Kansas City MO, originally studied engineering at the University of Missouri in Rolla. My girlfriend’s family recruiting me into their business when I was 20 years old. Their vision was for me to estimate jobs, run business development and help them scale up their Mechanical Contracting Business across the company. Unfortunately, my relationship, and that industry, took a hard fall in the mid 1980’s.
I subsequently launched several companies and eventually found a niche in driving sales for startups in the technology space. In October of 2011, I was inspired to start another company. I was on business in San Francisco California the day Steve Jobs passed. The radio stations kept playing a commencement speech Steve delivered to the class of 2005 at Stanford University. In that speech he said, “you have to love what you do”. It was in that moment that I knew working for someone else was not my passion and that I was meant to be an entrepreneur.
Today I am founder of Rise Performance Group, a leadership development company, and a Scaling Up Coach and Strategist. I love helping entrepreneurs and their teams become more, so they can achieve more so they can ultimately give more.
My wife, Brenda, and I have been married since 1994. We have two grown kids Katelyn and Kyle. Katelyn followed my wife and mother-n-law into business as Mary Kay Sales Directors. I am an investor with Kyle and his partners in an influencer marketing company called Progage (www.progage.co). Progage helps companies utilize professional and college athletes to build their brands.
We are an avid outdoor family. We wakeboard, wake surf, snowboard and scuba dive every year. We live on Lake Lewisville and then spend a month snowboarding each year in the mountains. We are passionate about finding the deepest and fluffiest powder. To stay in shape, so I can keep up with my kids, I am an active CrossFit athlete. I love the discipline, continuous incremental improvement and gamification of their program.