The Senior Vice President of Strategic Communications serves as a strategic advisor on media and brand reputation management to the CEO of the organization, which serves 11000+ members. This role is responsible for developing and managing all communications strategy, and high quality print/digital communication, publication, editorial, and event services. You ensure that all internal and external communications - publications, media relations, marketing, videos, websites, social media, letters of importance and events are cohesive, high quality, and strategic. Working directly with the CEO and member leaders, you develop and execute on EO's Communications Plan. You also work closely and proactively with program staff to ensure that program communication needs are being met across all departments and functions. The SVP of Strategic Communications is responsible for the supervision and development of one Vice President and Three Directors. The entire team is a 15 member team made up by publications, editorial, design, marketing associates, and strategic engagement professionals, as well as the management of outside vendors. The SVP also oversees the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards program and Strategic Engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works with the Executive Team to design and implement organizational messaging and consistent, effective branding.
· Work with member leaders on the Global Communications Committee to ensure EO strategic goals are being met.
· Develops and executes comprehensive communications plans in support of organizational objectives and program priorities.
· Oversees and develops content for newsletters, email communications, blogs, websites, and other forms of communication.
· Oversees writing, editing and graphic design of publications and reports.
· Writes speeches, blog posts, editorials, etc. as needed.
· Develops media outreach strategies, utilizing global resources as needed, and ensures that program staff are adequately prepared to speak with media.
· Executes processes to capture member feedback and the measurement of the effectiveness of EO's communications activities, adjusting plans accordingly.
· Staffs the CEO as needed for preparing any external or internal communications, delivering external presentations, or preparing materials for the Board of Directors.
· Manages additional communications activities as identified or assigned.
· Develop and implement external proactive and reactive communications and reputation management plans across the globe.
· Create an integrated approach for proactive media relations on a handful of key business priorities each quarter. Develop and manage relationships with applicable industry/media representatives and proactively outreach to drive coverage of our business
· Manage day to day issues in partnership with business SMEs with media and other stakeholders, including preparing statements, talking points and Q&A
· Research key stakeholders and influencers and develop appropriate engagement plans
· Support the CEO in creating a leadership communications strategy to effectively position the members of the executive team as thought leaders and spokespeople on issues and in venues that are relevant to its business and employees
· Collaborate with local community relations team to shape executive visibility and thought leadership with regional and local CEO health plans
· Partner closely with peers in organizations to create media around EO through coordinated approach
· Manage external agency partners
Digital Media and CRM
· Manage biddable media (PPC (Pay per click), Social, Prospecting) and SEO strategies
· Acquire new members through PPC, SEO, EO Partnerships and Affiliates, Display and Paid Social. Introduce programmatic advertising
· Drive conversion and retention through targeted campaigns across all devices and channels
· Manage global paid search campaigns in multiple languages, monitoring performance and driving efficiencies of paid search
· Manage on-site and off-site SEO, developing a roadmap of projects and later working with agency(ies) and internal EO departments to see projects through to completion
· Manage all email marketing including growing the database, all prospective member emails and EO media with ongoing testing and improvement in messaging and content
· Support the CRM database aiming for a 'single EO member view' by working closely across all EO operating functions to grow the CRM database while retaining existing members
· Other duties and assignments as necessary
· Support the Global Board's organizational growth strategy through building external alliances, including targeting and closing these relationships and ongoing account management and Chapter launch initiatives
· Own a Portfolio of EO signature programs to include the GSEA global program development
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility (the "Essential Duties") satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
Education and/or Experience:
· Master's degree, preferably in communications or journalism
- 10+ years of experience in public relations/corporate communications, including management experience with proven staff mentorship and development expertise
- Proven writing and oral communication skills, ability to persuade and build consensus with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate understanding of external news and media outlets/channels and how to navigate them
- Experience performing communication needs assessments (with key stakeholder analysis) to align communications with the needs of the business and define audiences to be addressed
- Experience developing communication content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., emails, speeches, scripts, press releases, talking points, web sites, briefing packets, preparation materials, backgrounders, training decks)
- Experience and proven effectiveness in managing crisis communications and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated experience building effective relationships with senior management
- Proven track record of effectively directing and supervising internal teams, outside agencies and consultants
- Proven ability to effectively manage budgets
· Ability to travel 30% or greater, as primary team will be located in the Alexandria Office.
· Association Management Experience
· Experience Managing team remotely
· Experience building relationships with external stakeholders.
Other Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
Excellent attention to detail
Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
Exercises confidentiality and discretion
Entrepreneurs' Organization is an equal opportunity employer