The External Engagement Coordinator job is a hybrid role with project management responsibilities across multiple programs and functions, helping to advance relationships with external organizations, governments, revenue partners, universities and other stakeholders.
Working closely with the External Engagement team, this position will support critical components of strategy for engaging with external audiences and stakeholders. Overall the division will be approximately 40% external engagement, 40% partnerships and 20% Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supporting EO's engagement with external audiences and stakeholders, through identifying and screening global and regional conferences for representatives of EO to attend events, organizing data associated with conferences, assisting with travel arrangements for the delegation and managing follow up as needed.
· Supporting the needs of the External Engagement Committee with call scheduling, agendas, notes and other administrative requirements as needed.
· Support of external newsletter, database organization and management, and content contribution.
· Assisting with the growth and management of the Sister Chapter Program (next few months only).
· Assist with the management, health and growth of EO's external alliances with other non-profit, NGO and governmental groups. Working with fellow staff and EO's member Ambassadors in supporting these relationships.
· Support the selection process, training and community management of EO Ambassadors.
· Supporting specific regions' Strategic Alliance needs, including scheduling and managing calls and supporting Directors.
· Create presentation materials to reach potential partners.
· Provide administrative support to the Strategic Alliance Committee, with call scheduling and support and document management.
· Identify opportunities to engage partners across other EO programs and functions.
· Manage communication calendar for partner benefits.
· Support of GSEA revenue and non-revenue partnership strategy, and researching individuals and corporations interested in engaging with student entrepreneurs.
· Provide support to GSEA on cyclical basis around signature events. Provide other ad hoc administrative assistance to GSEA, such a material mail-outs, researching potential partners, website updates and data collection.
This position will be based in the Alexandria, VA office of the Entrepreneurs' Organization, where some members of the team are located. It will report directly to the Director for External Engagement, who is based outside of the office.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility (the "Essential Duties") satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience, in associations, event planning or similar
- Experience with entrepreneurship in some form
- Event planning experience
- Ability to speak multiple languages
- International experience (whether through work or personal)
- Experience with WordPress and Microsoft CRM
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with high-level stakeholders with tact diplomacy and poise
- Ability to work with minimal management, find solutions be productive independently
- Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- Flexibility with occasionally supporting conference calls outside of business hours