The VP, Affinity Partnerships & Alliances will serve as the leader of a vital department within the organization. This position provides expertise in strategic alliances (partners and alliances). The Senior Vice President will report directly to the CEO and serve as a member of the Executive Team while overseeing a department of staff members in multiple regions and disciplines.
- - Proactively look for regional and global partners, filter, negotiate, launch and establish solid relationship
- - Decentralize regional partner approach and build out best practices for members and staff
- - Oversee management of partnership initiatives and relationships
- - Creation of the monthly global board reports
- - Monitor Partnership Implementation and relay issues to Strategic Alliances Team
- - Train SA team on handling member requests and feedback regarding partner programs
- - Educate and coordinate with EO staff about partners/sponsor benefits and how to promote to the membership.
- - Oversee the account administration and business processes that support achieving and maintaining optimal business position.
- - Ensure accurate enrollment process, ensure contract is understood, agreed to and met (e.g., exceptions, exclusions); ensure rates, benefits and contracts meet internal requirements.
- - Coordinate with other depts. to ensure a high quality purchaser experience. Elevate issues to account manager, as appropriate. Lead and manage implementation of group renewal process.
- - Track and monitor timelines for contract renewal. Ensure accuracy of final product. - Ensure contracts, pricing and membership accounting have accurate information to implement the negotiated terms of the final renewal.
- - Lead and monitor RFP process for account management. Understand account strategy, goals and financial position. Follow established RFP process and timelines for Region, and coordinate information flow. Use knowledge network and other resources to ensure successful implementation of account strategies.
- - Monitor accounts and book of business to identify early indications of risks and opportunities. Identify and report trends within a book of business. Partner with account manager to identify solutions to issues.
- - Understand when issues pose an urgent threat to business.
- - Create and manage the fiscal year department budget
- - Attendance required at meetings in the region, GLC in May and other events as required.
- - Meetings – Weekly department meeting, Monthly EO staff, Project meetings
- - Develop processes and procedures
- - Manage and supervise direct reports
- - Provide guidance, positive encouragement and growth opportunities for Department staff
- - Perform regular performance evaluations of staff
- - Hire, train, review and coach staff
- - Ongoing training and coaching for the team in customer service
- - Other duties and assignments as necessary
- - Launch EOXPO at GLC
- - Build out advertisement package and sell for Octane
- - Create Donor Program
- - Launch EO Job Board
- - List IP that we can monetize, research and present two products for approval
Requirements: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and
Responsibility (the “Essential Duties”) satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
- > Bachelor's degree
- > Entrepreneurial Background
- > 7-10 years of experience in Business and communications with a broad knowledge of these areas in the membership association and/or nonprofit sector a plus
- > Strong written and verbal communications skills
- > Global Management Experience
- > Event marketing experience
- > Ability to travel Internationally
- Global Mindset
- Communication Skills
- People Skills
- Service Orientation
- Results Orientation
- Service Leadership
- Develop Others
- Manage Execution
Other Skills and Abilities:
- In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
- Excellent attention to detail
- Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing members, staff, managers, clients, and the public. Ability to understand oral instructions and to ask for clarification when necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers and calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, decimals, percentages, proportions and ratios to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, and controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and abilities to adjust focus to read and type documents on a computer screen.
Additional hours may be required during periods of heavy workload. Flexibility is required in the daily work schedule to accommodate tasks
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
The employee is normally required to work in a high-rise building equipped with elevators in an environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
May be assigned to an internal work space without windows to the outside, located in close proximity to other office personnel.
Professional workplace where business and business casual attire is required.
Ability to work in a fast pace and high pressure environment.
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs’ Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs’ Organization is “at will,” that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization
Entrepreneurs' Organization is an equal opportunity employer.