The Event Manager serves as the lead event planner of targeted events for the membership to include, but not limited to, Presidents’ Meetings, Leadership Academy, the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards Global Finals, etc. In addition, the Event Manager serves on the core team for the planning and production of EO Global Universities and EO Global Leadership Conference by managing all event communications, off-site activities, transportation movements, pre- and post-tours, and other duties as assigned. Assigned events will take place in the United States and internationally, challenging the Event Manager to execute high member expectations in various cultures and economic circumstances.
For targeted events for the membership:
- Serve as staff lead for planning and execution
- Liaise with staff and member leaders responsible for content development
- Coordinate all meeting setup, F&B and room blocks directly with venue/hotel
- Manage budget
- Coordinate any off-site social events and transportation
- Coordinate any marketing and communications pieces for the event
- Delegate tasks as needed to Event Registration Coordinator
For larger EO Global Events (Universities, Global Leadership Conference):
- Off-Sites Activities, Pre- and Post-Tours: Coordinate all off-site activities and pre- and post-tours in conjunction with the member committee and selected vendor(s)
- Transportation: Coordinate all transportation for any off-property functions during the event, as well as VIP transfers
- Communications: Coordinate the messaging for all communications and marketing deliverables with the internal Marketing and Communications team; liaise with EO staff and member committee(s) to produce the following: event website, registrant e-mail updates and mobile application.
- On-site: Function as lead of your designated areas, managing and mobilizing EO staff as your team for execution
- Provide assistance to the Event Director as directed
As an Events Team Member, you’ll be expected to:
- Participate in team meetings to address best practices for the organization
- Provide assistance for, and share meeting-planning expertise with, your peers
- Support other teams as event lead or event support on their signature events
- Support other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University
- Minimum of 2-5 years of event planning and operating experience
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Bilingual or multilingual
- MPI (Meeting Planners International) Member
- Computer software skills training
- Personal development training
- Thinks out of the box/ encourages new ideas
- Active Listener
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with members, staff, managers, clients, and the public. Ability to understand oral instructions and to ask for clarification when necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers and calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, decimals, percentages, proportions and ratios inpractical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, and controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and abilities to adjust focus to read and type documents on a computer screen.
Additional hours may be required during periods of heavy workload. Flexibility is required in the daily work schedule to accommodate tasks.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
The employee is normally required to work in a high-rise building equipped with elevators in an environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
May be assigned to an internal work space without windows to the outside, located in close proximity to other office personnel.
Professional workplace where business and business casual attire is required.
Ability to work in a fast pace and high pressure environment.
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs’ Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs’ Organization is “at will,” that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization.
Entrepreneurs’ Organization is an equal opportunity employer.