The Finance Manager is responsible providing support to Operations group, through information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational data/analyses for publication to various constituents throughout company (Management, Business Development, Product Management, Operations, etc.) who rely on/benefit from the information to make informed business decisions. Primary responsibilities will include assisting Operations team in the Monthly Operations Review, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
To help you stand out from other candidates, please answer the following questions through a virtual interview, you can find it in this link:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- - Partner with Product Management and Purchasing Team in determining financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product roll out, etc. and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- - Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- - Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- - Fulfill responsibilities annual audits and other reporting as necessary.
- - Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- - Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- - Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- > Bachelor Degree required.
- > 3-5 years of experience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred.
- > Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- > Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- > Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- > Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- > Experience with Concur or equivalent.
- > Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- > Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- > Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- > CPA or MBA
- > SAGE Compatibility
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- Proofread Accurately
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing members, staff, managers, clients, and the public. Ability to understand oral instructions and to ask for clarification when necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers and calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, decimals, percentages, proportions and ratios to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, and controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and abilities to adjust focus to read and type documents on a computer screen.
Additional hours may be required during periods of heavy workload. Flexibility is required in the daily work schedule to accommodate tasks.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
The employee is normally required to work in a high-rise building equipped with elevators in an environment where the noise level is usually moderate.
May be assigned to an internal work space without windows to the outside, located in close proximity to other office personnel.
Professional workplace where business and business casual attire is required.
Ability to work in a fast pace and high pressure environment.
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs’ Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs’ Organization is “at will,” that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization.
Entrepreneurs’ Organization is an equal opportunity employer.