The Executive Assistant to the Board of Directors of EO (Manager of Board Relations) will provide administrative support to the Chairman and the Board of Directors. Functions as the primary contact person for the Chair and Board of Directors including the Executive Director of EO. The Executive Administrator is expected to act as Corporate Secretary to the Board, preparing all Board agendas and materials necessary for in-person Board meetings and Board calls; taking meeting minutes, distributing and publishing them as appropriate, while safeguarding the confidential nature of the discussions and information shared in the meetings; and filing any necessary information with the corresponding corporate entities.
- > Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- > 3-5 years of experience working with a Board of Directors and/or board appointed committees
- > 7+ years of experience in a high-level administrative support position
- > Strong technology skill and minute taking
- > Exceptional customer service
- > 30% Travel
- > Association Knowledge
- > Event and logistic experience
- > Ability to speak languages other than English
English Language Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing members, staff, managers, clients, and the public. Ability to understand oral instructions and to ask for clarification when necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers and calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, decimals, percentages, proportions and ratios to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, and controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and abilities to adjust focus to read and type documents on a computer screen.
Additional hours may be required during periods of heavy workload. Flexibility is required in the daily work schedule to accommodate tasks
Entrepreneurs' Organization's Vision
To build the world's most influential community of entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs' Organization's Mission
Engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow
Entrepreneurs' Organization's Core Principles
- Boldly Go! - Bet on your own abilities
- Thirst for Learning - Be a student of opportunity
- Make a Mark - Leave a legacy
- Trust and Respect - Build a safe haven for learning and growth
- Cool - Create, seek out and celebrate once-in-a-lifetime experiences
Entrepreneurs' Organization's Staff Core Principles
At EO, the staff takes pride in our work, and it shows in everything we do. To reflect our unique culture, we embrace and embody six essential core principles:
- Teamwork: working together to achieve excellence
- Trust & respect: displaying and rewarding integrity
- Creativity: the possibilities are endless
- Professionalism: lead, learn and live by example
- Fun: lighten up, live it up, laugh it up!
- Service: providing world class services to the EO community
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs’ Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs’ Organization is “at will,” that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization
Entrepreneurs' Organization is an equal opportunity employer.