The Entrepreneurs' Organization is looking for a business professional to join our team in the Central US as Regional Director reporting to the Vice President of the Americas. The Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) – for entrepreneurs only – is a global community that enriches members' lives through direct peer-to-peer learning, connections to experts and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. EO is the catalyst that enables entrepreneurs to learn from each other, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life. For more information visit www.eonetwork.org.
We're looking for someone to grow the US Central region by helping to establish a presence in new markets and expanding opportunities in existing markets. Currently, with 21 chapters serving over 1,500 members, EO looks to increase the number of members by 2020 by at least 20%. The Regional Director will engage members and member leaders, and together, help educate potential members about the EO community and its programs. We want the Regional Director to be comfortable entering new markets, building relationships, launching new chapters and contributing to the US Central region's sustained growth. We're looking for someone who embodies EO's core principles of teamwork, creativity, service, professionalism, trust and respect and having fun, while also exhibiting the EO member core values of thirst for learning, make a mark, boldly go, cool, and trust and respect.
At EO, the staff takes pride in our work, and it shows in everything we do. To reflect our unique culture, we embrace and embody five essential core principles:
· Teamwork: working together to achieve excellence
· Trust & respect: displaying and rewarding integrity
· Creativity: the possibilities are endless
· Professionalism: lead, learn and live by example
· Fun: lighten up, live it up, laugh it up!
· Service: Providing a world class experiences
· Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional Director for US Central and its role will be guided by the bylaws and policies as established by EO's Board of Directors. Here are the expectations of this staff leader:
- - Manage a team of 2 driven professionals to achieve independent and group goals
- - Hire, train and coach staff to perform to exceed expectations
- - Coach direct reports to develop themselves personally and professionally
- - Own the team's agreed upon priorities and direct individuals to execute on those priorities
- - Lead daily staff huddles and other regular meetings as required
- - Update and drive the regional plan to attain regional, area and chapter goals
- - Responsible for managing the regional budget and advising members and staff on effective allocation of funds
- - Main contact for the Member Regional Director and member-led Regional Council
- - Resolve overall red flags from the region
- - Work with Membership Staff for the successful implementation of chapter launches in the region
- - Drive the overall growth of the region through new member acquisition and retention efforts
- - Ensure the success of Presidents' Meetings and chapter Strategy Summits
- - Organize monthly conference calls for Member Regional Director and Area Directors
- - Create quarterly tasks/focus for Area Directors & Regional Director in alignment with staff goals
- - Engage with Team USA and the US Central Regional Council responsible for managing the programs and services focused on EO's vision, mission and values
- - Communicate your strategies and execution plan and status reports with Team USA and other EO staff where necessary
- - Participate in Team USA's huddles on strategy, updates, EO knowledge and more
- - Excel at building extraordinary relationships. We need mutually beneficial relationships with members, leaders, partners, staff and anyone else interested in the EO community
- - Ensure new members know the benefits of both local programming and global programming, and why engaging in both local chapter activities and global activities enhances their membership
- - Participate on chapter health and growth committees, both internal and external
- - Create and monitor US Central launch budget, US Central Regional Budgets, review expenditures and suggest ways to utilize funds
- - Market and promote the chapter health program (PEAK) and other health and growth initiatives
- Overall Accountability of the member Renewal Process (seasonal: March – September)
- Drive the participation in the member satisfaction survey and follow-up with team to ensure member satisfaction (annually: March-April)
- Drive the participation from the chapters in the region to attend the Global leadership conference, Universities and regional events
- Coordinate weekly reports
- Be an EO ambassador at local and Global events
- Attendance required at the Presidents' Meeting in the region, Global Leadership
- - Conference and other events as required
- - Read monthly member communications: Octane, organizational updates, Leadership news, etc
- - Keep on top of latest trends through conversations with members, staff, and publications
- Identify, share, and document chapter best processes
- - Be the main escalation point for membership issues in the region – e.g. Basic solicitations, policies and procedures, major problem resolutions, etc.
- - Support VP, the Americas as needed
Additional Business Development
- - Encourage and develop ideas into concrete action plans to provide member value in US Central
- - Offer guidance on possible partnerships for EO to pursue
- - Seek marketing and communications activities in new regions that can support EO's global efforts in widening our external awareness. Share information and make the case for involvement.
Education and/or Experience:
- > Bachelor's degree
- > 8+ years professional experience showing personal/professional growth
- > 5+ years of managerial experience of coaching and developing others
- > 3+ years of experience at senior level in association management or membership recruitment or related business experience
- > Experience in launching chapters, programs or services successfully
- > Excellent customer service skills
- > Strong written and verbal communications skills
- > Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- > Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact, diplomacy and poise
- > Ability to travel throughout the US Central region and globally as needed (33%+)
- > Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- > Multilingual
- > Has experience in either marketing / sales / business development / external relations
- > Has experience in event logistics and execution
- > Has experience in managing regional staff (remote management)
- > Experience in community organizations to build relationships in new markets
- Thinks out of the box/ encourages new ideas
Impress us with your abilities and share your passions. And know that the US staff you may be working with soon is one of the best teams assembled. Make your mark with EO and join this organization.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- · In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
- · Excellent organizational skills
- · Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact, diplomacy and poise
- · Attention to detail
- · Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
- · The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- · Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- · Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- · A self-starter who shows ownership and commitment to the job
- · Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to members, staff, managers, clients, and the public. Ability to understand verbal instructions and to ask for clarification when necessary.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure using whole numbers and calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, decimals, percentages, proportions and ratios to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or verbal form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the Essential Duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools, and controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to occasionally lift and/or move up to lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and abilities to adjust focus to read and type documents on a computer screen.
Additional hours may be required during periods of heavy workload. Flexibility is required in the daily work schedule to accommodate tasks.
Work Environment: This position is required to work from a home office. EO will help you acquire all necessary equipment to operate including laptop, printer, stationary, office furniture etc.
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs' Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs' Organization is "at will," that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization.
Entrepreneurs' Organization is an equal opportunity employer