*To help you stand out from other candidates, after submitting your application form, please also spare 30 mins to answer a few more questions via below link.
The Area Manager assists in creating healthy, growing chapters that consistently deliver the EO brand to their members. The Area manager will provide guidance to the chapters, chapter leadership and the Regional Council members consistent with the mission and vision statements of the Global Organization. The Area Manager will advise chapter board officers on standard chapter operations and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage a portfolio of up to 6 chapters, building relationships and helping to provide a valuable member experience
· Identify strategies to promote membership growth and retention; proactively seeking solutions to boost member interest
· Act as the main point of contact for all chapter leaders, working with them to resolve all questions and concerns
· Provide clear and concise communication regarding the direction and requirements of the Global Organization to the chapter
· Advocate needs of the chapters to Global organization
· Promote EO Global initiatives.
· Aid in chapter strategic planning and execution during annual summit meetings, monthly area calls, and other scheduled chapter events
· Ensure proper representation of the EO Brand by local chapters.
· Attend at least three EO leadership and membership conferences per year.
· Assist with other duties as needed.
- June – Aug Strategy Summit (SS). The Chapter will first come to the AREA MANAGER to request SS booking and the AREA MANAGER will send it to the SS department to find the available trainer. Once the date and locked in, a teleconference has to be conducted with the chapter president, the facilitator and the AREA MANAGER to help prepare for the day. The AREA MANAGER has to attend both the working dinner the night before (session 1) and the full day after, notes needs to be taken following the template and help the facilitator with writing on butchers paper, provide Chapter's historic data. After the SS, AREA MANAGER has to compile the notes and turn action plan into Measurable Accountability Plan (MAP) and send it to the President for approval after 24 hours.
- July, all staff meeting in DC for a week. It usually involves a speaker, training and bonding activities with the team. A full schedule will be send to everyone. Because most regional staff are from the membership department, there will be department meetings and activities. Regional staff will be staying at the hotel opposite to the DC office and rooms are shared with another staff.
- September Leadership Summit that consist of:
o Presidents' Summit
o Chapter Administrator Summit
o Moderator Summit
o Other functional Summits
- Oct GSEA Australian competition, location depend on the champion. The ideal structure is each participating Chapter will hold their local competition and the winner than go to the Australian competition. The AREA MANAGER's role include assisting the champion with compiling competitor details, sending out notification emails and draft rundown sheet. Attendance on the day is optional.
- Jan/Feb Presidents' Meeting for ASAP. AREA MANAGER is there to assist with note taking for the sessions they are assigned to and help Area Director in the Area breakout session as well as taking notes, share statistics and best practices. Regional Staff Director is in charge of this event and will circulate staff job allocation prior to the meeting. AREA MANAGER is mainly responsible for looking after the Area breakout session where work needs to be done with the Area Director to come up with an agenda for the meeting
- Bi-annual Ignite Event for South Pacific, location varies but within the Area. AREA MANAGER will get asked to assist onsite, usually with Multi-chapter events it is not owned by EO Global so no Global staff will be in charge of this event, however, Global Events team does allocate a staff to help with helping setup event on EOaccess, leverage on Global contacts and suppliers.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential Duty and Responsibility (the “Essential Duties”) satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Duties.
Education and/or Experience:
- > 4 -6 years business experience
- > Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- > Familiar with MS Office
- > Able to manage multiple assignments, meet deadlines, and work well in a global team environment
- > Positive attitude, influential and self starter
- > Ability to travel approximately 20% (nationally & internationally)
- > Work hours may vary due to working in multiple time zones
- > Last minute travel may be required
- > 2-3 years direct membership/chapter relations experience
- > Non-profit/association experience
- > Account management skills
- > Demonstrate professional writing skills, experience in detailed note taking and various administrative duties
- > Oral communication skills – must be able to speak publically in front of small and large groups
- > Experience in hosting online conference call and virtual meetings
- > Experience with online collaborative tools ie. Same Page
- > Demonstrated ability to adapt to change quickly and work in a fast-paced environment
- > Strong interest in entrepreneurism, previous experience as an entrepreneur a plus
- Healthy chapters and growing area
- Great events in the region
Other Skills and Abilities:
- In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interact with entrepreneurs with tact diplomacy and poise
- Excellent attention to detail
- Promote quality through continuous performance improvement
- The use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
Entrepreneur Organization’s Vision
To build the world's most influential community of entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneur Organization’s Mission
Engage leading entrepreneurs to learn and grow.
Entrepreneur Organization’s Core Principles
- Boldly Go! - Bet on your own abilities
- Thirst for Learning - Be a student of opportunity
- Make a Mark - Leave a legacy
- Trust and Respect - Build a safe haven for learning and growth
- Cool - Create, seek out and celebrate once-in-a-lifetime experiences
Nothing contained in this job description, or conveyed during any interview which may be granted or during any period of employment (if hired) with Entrepreneurs’ Organization, is intended to create an employment contract with any employee or prospective employee of the Firm for any specified period of time. Work rules and benefits in effect are subject to change from time to time, according to the needs of the organization. Any and all employment with Entrepreneurs’ Organization is “at will,” that is, for no definite or determinable period and subject to termination at any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, at the option of either the employee or the organization.
Entrepreneurs’ Organization is an equal opportunity employer.